Ensenada Travel and Tourist Information
Our Ensenada Travel and Tourist Information will Help you Get the Most from your staying in Baja California.
To learn more about Ensenada, select the topic that seems most interesting to you...
Ensenada City is located approximately 100 km south of the US-Mexico border by road.
Ensenada is also the government seat of the municipality of the same name which occupies most of the northern portion of the Baja California peninsula.
In Ensenada there are restaurants offering excellent dishes for discerning palates. Unfortunately such restaurants are not abundant in our city, but they are well worth looking for.
The following are two restaurants whose dishes stand out from the crowd:
- Ophelia's. The specialty is fish. International food. This restaurant is in El Sauzal. Telephone: 646 175 8365. Closed on Monday.
- Casa Marcelo is a restaurant offering a modern version of the traditional flavors of Mexican cuisine with the best local ingredients from Ojos Negros and Valle de Guadalupe, such as cheese and wine. = Casa Marcelo is located near the ABC Bus Station. Phone: 646 117-0293. Closed on Tuesday.
Ensenada typical dishes are the popular fish tacos, known internationally.
In Calle Primera and Downtown there are several taco stands and eateries where you can relish this delicacy.
Tacos "El Paisa"
- Address: Calle 20 de Noviembre
- almost on the corner of Calle 10
- in front of the Arco gas station
Events in Ensenada
- The famous Baja 1000 race in November
- Fiestas de la Vendimia, held during August
- and the Carnival, celebrated between February and March, are three among other events held annually in this port city.
Ensenada offers one of the best climates on the planet, classified as Mediterranean. Summers and winters are generally mild.
More on Ensenada Travel and Tourist Information
Ensenada's Telephone Area Code
Scientific Research in Ensenada
Ensenada is currently the city with more scientists per capita in Mexico.
Here is the Investigación Científica y de Educación Superior center where they conduct research on earth science, applied physics, oceanography and marine biology.
Port Services in Ensenada
Ensenada is a seaport in Baja California and is linked to Mexican and foreign ports.
Click here to Go from Ensenada Travel and Tourist Information to our HOME PAGE